Eri and I are back from our mini getaway to Mount Kawi.
It was a lot of fun, and is a super cool place. Literally. It felt soooo nice up there!!! And lots of people, and stuff to buy. Mount Kawi is a holy place. Buddhist and Muslim both worship here, in the same place, which is really kinda neat that they come together here. But story goes that there were 2 guys, who were like brothers, one being a native Indonesian and Muslim and the other being a Chinese and Buddhist, and they are really good people, lived good lives, and the place where you pray is where they are buried, and it's a holy place. That's all I got out of Eri about the story BUT it's really neat to see Buddhist and Muslims praying side by side. Here are a few pictures:
This photo is of the entrance into the place where you pray....you can't take pics of the temple, so I took a pic of the entrance. The temple itself is quite beautiful, we gave flowers and money as an offering. Inside of the temple there are probably about 25 or so Grandfather clocks ticking away. Also inside, are guru type people, that you give your offerings to.
This is just a street view. It's a city built on a mountain (volcano) side....so all the shops are going downhill. This pic was actually taken to show the trees in the background, see that one on the left side that is really curved? And it's cool there's that lady with the stuff on her head too, and those trees to the right are neat. I was kinda a little bit obsessed with the tress while we were here, they were just amazingly beautiful.
I just thought this picture was funny. Native American heads in little town in Indonesia.......
Yeah, this is a better view of showing what the little city was like.....how it goes down....does that even make sense?
Yep. That would be me :-)
Me standing outside the entrance to the temple.
I love this picture, this is taken up where the temple is, and that's a mosque. I really love this picture. Great job Eri!!
I asked Eri to stand there to show how HUGE that tree was!! He looks thrilled, lol. But that tree was big!! And beautiful.
Since the Internet seemed to be working quite well today, I decided to add some more pics that I haven't been able to put up since the Internet is funky. Below is the dinner Eri and I made for his Buddhist Uncle, his wife (whose body we see in this photo) and his 3 kids, Lia, Vania and Dharmadi. We had garlic mashed potatoes, with gravy, creamed corn and garlic spicy BBQ chicken!! All homemade!! And it was gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! They loved it too. It's funny, because they eat rice with every meal, his Uncle had to cook some rice to have with it.....and I had to show everyone how to eat it, it was a great time, and everyone helped in preparations!! I had fun, and so did Eri, and everyone else too.
Since the Internet seemed to be working quite well today, I decided to add some more pics that I haven't been able to put up since the Internet is funky. Below is the dinner Eri and I made for his Buddhist Uncle, his wife (whose body we see in this photo) and his 3 kids, Lia, Vania and Dharmadi. We had garlic mashed potatoes, with gravy, creamed corn and garlic spicy BBQ chicken!! All homemade!! And it was gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! They loved it too. It's funny, because they eat rice with every meal, his Uncle had to cook some rice to have with it.....and I had to show everyone how to eat it, it was a great time, and everyone helped in preparations!! I had fun, and so did Eri, and everyone else too.
This is me, being silly on the couch. Dad, that's your chin right there!! Yes I was hot, cause it's hot here at the equator.
Obama won Obama won!!! OMG this is just amazing!! Eri and I were sooooo excited!! Indonesia is quite excited also, cause Obama has roots here...... it's just absolutely amazing, and I am sooo amazed and excited.....Eri and I were jumping around this morning with excitement!! We even managed to get this:

And I got to drive the Toyota Kijang, and it was amazing. I must admit my head was spinning because I was driving manual from the right side.....and on the other side of the road, but I still got it. I'm the woman!!
And today for lunch I had KFC and it tastes soo good. Lunch for Eri and I cost 53,000 IDR. That's about $5.30!! But that's considered expensive...take a look at their menu, it's very neat to see what they offer.
Tonight, Eri and I are going with his Uncle to Surabaya, for what? I'm not sure, I just got a text message (they all call it SMS here....which is what it is...but sometimes I get confused like SMS? What's that? blehhhhhhh, lol. And also Sauce is Ketchup, Ketchup is Sweet Soy Sauce, so you gotta be careful to say what you want, be sure to call it the right thing, unless you are talking to Eri of course, cause he speaks Carle. Like the other day we were eating Mie Goreng [fried noodles] and you are supposed to put broth on them, and I called the broth sauce, and his Uncle got up and brought me Ketchup, lol. Which when I said Ketchup, that's sweet soy sauce.) But anyway, Eri sent me a SMS/Text message said we are going to Surabaya tonight. So yea, that's all I know :-)
Here is lil fact about Mr. Wahyudi:
When he says we are going to be somewhere in a little bit/while, he really means right now.
-OR-
When he says we are going to be here for just a minute, it's really like 6 hours. :-)
Yes, I think this blog is long enough.
Yay!! Obama!!!
Love ya.
Carle
3 comments:
Great pictures! So much to see...
Yes, the long election is finally over, I am glad you are happy with the results. I guess the two Obama signs that were in your dad's front yard worked. Keep having fun, we are looking forward to your return.
M & P
ha ha... there weren't like two Obama signs, there were like 20... looked like an Obama sign farm just blooming. I don't know if that helped Obama win or not all I know is that grass won't grow where those signs were. Kinda like where a horde of liberal donkeys took a dump and ruined the soil forever. Whatever, I didn't want to mow anymore anyway ;-)... wanting you home too Carle! Dad and Rhonda
who is that?
Post a Comment