Yikes!!
In that picture below, Eri and I had just gotten married!! Yes yes, married. I think everyone pretty much knows by now, but on Friday we had the civil ceremony, then on Saturday we had the Religious ceremony.....our wedding date is 11/08/08!! You have to have both types of ceremony for marriage to be legal here in Indonesia.......why did I decide to get married in Indonesia, you ask? Well, to think about it, Eri and I were already engaged.....and being here with his family, chances are we aren't going to come back anytime soon, (especially since the last time Eri was here was 8 years ago) so we decided to get married here.....
On Saturday his Uncle presided over our religious ceremony, and it was quite beautiful. All the chanting was pretty cool too. The civil ceremony....was....interesting....but it's all said and done now.
Eri and I can finally stay in the same room and it not be looked down upon. But on Saturday we also moved into his Mom's home, and get to stay together. Thank goodness.....
His Mom's home/store is really cool. It's a four story house in the city part of Mojokerto. The bottom floor is the business, Hardware Store, like Mojokerto's version of Home Depot, then the top 3 floors are the house. The house is huge btw. It's fun seeing all the pics of Eri with his parents, and old year books from Singapore.....and he was the cutest baby!!
The bottom floor has a very distinct smell to it, and that smell reminds me of my grandpa's workshop. Papa's workshop in Bobby's basement. I was telling Eri the other day how the smell just brings back soooo many memories of him. And we have talks about him....
Speaking of which, today is the anniversary of his death, he passed away on 11/11/92..... it's hard to believe it was 16 years ago. Time really does fly. This morning when I was paying respects to Eri's parents and Grandpa, I also payed my respects to Papa for this day. Gosh.....I really miss him. He was/is a very important man in my life.
Rest In Peace Papa. Love you.
That's it for today. I have to go do wifely things, I made a promise to the Indonesian government I would do so ;-) Seriously. I'm not kidding. I had to promise some crazy stuff, but that's for another blog.
Goodnight everyone. I must finish my Tuesday now. :-D
Mrs. W
3 comments:
So, you like the name of Mrs. W! I sent out your announcements today, so everyone should get them soon. I am so happy for you and Eri and cannot wait for you both to return. Thank you so much for the kind words about Papa. He would be very proud of you and he would have loved to meet and get to know Eri.
Congratulations to you both!
One happy mama
Huh? What? Today? Damn! Congrats on your wedding Girlie!!! I wish you guys blessings and lots of happiness.....
I want to see PICTURES!!!!!
love,love,
Chanthou
Yay for love!
Post a Comment