16 November, 2008

Wedding Photos

Well, I think the title is pretty self explanatory ;-)


At the altar praying to Eri's parents....asking for their blessing for our marriage, etc....


Walking into the ceremony.....


Here come the Monks.....there were 4 of them in attendance....


Lighting the 5 candles.....color means something......I can't remember.......


Awwww.....there we are......at this point we already exchanged rings, and were about to wrapped up in the blanket....

This was a very fun moment....once it was tied all the family and guests started clapping their hands. Our hands were also tied, then they put the blanket around you while the Monks sprinkle holy water on you and give you blessings.


That's us :-D


Saying thank you for coming....in a Chinese traditional way....


This is our wedding cake..........we had 2 of them.....yummmm......

After the ceremony everyone came back to the house and we all had dinner and cake and just say around til about 8pm........overall it was a great time. I have about 150 more pictures and lots of video and a wedding dvd, so everyone be ready...I will show them all to you when I come back.

Love ya.

Mrs. W

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Congratulations again Carle and Eri! I am so happy for both of you. The pictures are great! Of course, Bruce and I both love the shawl/blanket one. You know it was reminiscent of our ceremony. Amazing the similarities in traditional ceremonies across the globe, huh?

Best wishes!

Rhonda

Heather K. Byerline said...

I can't wait to see more of the wedding - it looks like one of the best life-time experiences ever, for sure! Keep coming on the updates, I love to hear about Indonisian life - and I'm completely jealous of all the food you get to try.

ceehce said...

Love it! Call me again.

Anonymous said...

This was your day, you created new memories that you will cherish forever, not reminiscent of anyone else's ceremony. It will always be remembered as Carle and Eri's day. Congratulations Eri and Carle.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all of you that have written and called after receiving Carle and Eri's wedding announcement. I am so glad you liked it!

Linda