Hi Hi everyone! So...well today I was able to see the most beautiful place on Earth....upon entering you get this sense of ease....peaceful feeling. Like you feel safe. I can't really describe it...but it's the Buddhist temple where Eri's parent's ashes are stored, and the Temple where his Uncle works. And the 3rd largest Buddha statue in Asia. It was an amazing place, and I hope you enjoy the pics.
To the left is a pic of me and Eri, obviously, in the Urn house. His mother is the Urn on the bottom left, his Dad, bottom right, and Grandpa on the top. In this pic, we just finished praying to them, and for some reason it just didn't feel right to smile....Speaking of praying...you get down on your knees and pray then bow 3 times. We did this quite a few times while we were there today. Along with us was Eri's Uncle and his cousin Eny.
Here to the left is the entrance into the Urn house. I asked Eri to take this pic so you can see all the wood carvings. I have more pics, but these are my 5 favorites from today's outing.
In this next pic...which I must say blogger is acting funny, and I don't know in what order these pics are going to show up in, but theoretically is the next pic inside the big Temple. Those lamps on each side are not light bulbs, each one is a illuminated Buddha statue. That's Eri's Uncle praying in this pic.
The line of Buddha's is the entrance into the Temple. And the last pic is of the Giant Sleeping Buddha. If you click on it you can see me! So you can see a comparison on how big that statue really is.
Again, it was an amazing visit, mere words cannot describe how I felt when I was there. It was amazing to be able to be there praying to Eri's parents, and quite emotional too.
Catch ya on the flip side.
Carle
4 comments:
Awesome. This is the one thing I would absolutely love to see. I'll get over there sometime - for real.
Looks like you're doin' great honey - keep having fun but start on the mission you went there to do. love ya!
oh, "... theoretically is the next pic inside the big Temple"
Very Zen Carle ;-)
/dad
It was great to hear from you yesterday. I am so glad you made it to the temple and were able to show your respects with Eri. Keep up the good work with the pictures, they are amazing.
Mom
WOW! You are so very fortunate to have this experience. WOW.
Can hardly wait to see the other pics. I know you must have hundreds!
hmmm, is anyone else wondering why we have not had a new blog for 6 days or is it just me?
Post a Comment