30 September, 2008

You know what they say about girls that licked by Zebras in Indonesia don't you? :-D

Apparently they will get married in October.....hehehehe.....ask Linda. She's the one that made up that joke.

Well, here's what has been going on. KFC is like a major chain down here....quite delicious too believe it or not! Umm...I am sooooo confused on what day of the week it is......but Eny's bro came home this weekend from college, his name is Erik. He's pretty nice and funny. He's trying to learn Inggris (English) as well as Eny. As far as I can tell, they are doing pretty good.

So yesterday we (Eri, me, and his Aunt) all went out to fetch some dinner.....and we stopped by Eri's Mom's house, see the store that they owned, all that stuff they have left to sell, etc. It was quite amazing to finally see where she lived after hearing so much about it.

Well, this is how it is....this week is Ramadan ends, I think today...and then everyone that is Muslim gets the week off, so all the housekeepers and drivers, etc. are all off this week. So since the driver didn't have anything to do today, we got to go up to the mountains! Me, Erik, Eny and Eri all went up to the mountains for the day. While we were there we went on a safari....the kind where you sit in your car and drive through! It was the COOLEST thing ever! A tiger walked by the car....then bears....the lions......it was amazing. You were able to feed the other animals....such as zebras, deers, giraffe, antelope, bulls, llamas and monkeys. Yes, I feed a giraffe, and it was awesome! There is a picture of it down below at the bottom of this blog.

Well, let me think, what else....I think that's it for right now...can't think of much more. It gets very dark here very early....like by 6pm it's dark. And so far I like it....it's most certainly not a place I would live forever, but it's a great experience to be meeting all Eri's family like this.....

I had an interesting encounter when trying to poop earlier today....I'm still feeling humiliated so I MIGHT post that later.....(Mary remember all those talks we had about toilets? Well.....I tell ya what......you were right!)

I will tell you this...life here is very different....for one....they use toilet paper as napkins....and no toilet papers in the bathroom-at all, instead they wash their ass with water sprayer next to the toilet.....kinda sorta like a bidet :-)



Me and Eri on the Safari!


Shout out to my Pppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Love ya.

C

1 comment:

ceehce said...

I only have to say one thing...

you and your bathroom problems....

this brings back memories...

(claudia:) Carle!!! I'm going to die! I can't breathe! I feeling like throwing up!.... (carle:) Man how do you think I feel?

LOL!!!

The end.