I know I haven't posted anything in awhile....but we haven't been doing a whole lot...so there's not really too much to post......
For the past few days we have been spending the days with his Uncle...the Buddhist Uncle and Eri's cousin Dharmadi (Dar-ma-d)...he's 14 and speaks rather decent English. I also had the pleasure of meeting Dharmadi's sister, Vania (Funny-ah) who is 17 and studying International Business at the University in Surabaya. Last night I finally met the other sibling in the family, the oldest, Lia (Leah) who is just getting over the chicken pox, so I kept my distance from her, but soon I should be able to sit with them and enjoy their company.
Yesterday Eri and I rode with his Uncle (the Buddhist one) to take Dharmadi back to his boarding house for school, we went into Surbaya and stayed there for quite awhile. We didn't get home til about 11pm! Trust me, that's late for people around here....... it gets dark very early here too, like at about 6pm it's almost pitch black, so it feels like sleepy time around 7pm for me, lol. But back to yesterday's activities....we hung out at his Uncle's house for a bit, then we went into Surbaya, got Dharmadi a haircut, then went to Galaxy Mall, and shopped around and looked around for a bit. Then we went to Dharmadi's boarding house...then stopped by Lia's and Vania's boarding house too just to say hi. On the way we also drove by the U.S. Consulate....and wow...that place looks like a maximum security prison. I am going to try to take pics when I go there again....but it's quite insane. I had a lot of fun driving, well being driven around the city, I love to just look out the window and take in all the stuff around. While Dharmadi was getting his haircut, the rest of us went to go eat....people sure do love to eat here! And the food is delicious too!
Below are some pictures.....I love the one with the little birdy....I would totally want one of those birds....but not really. I do love looking at them! He was really sweet too.... The 2nd pic is us on a haunted house ride(.....yes yes Haunted House Ride!!)...classic Carle moment right there with my eyes shut...but I still think it's a cute picture. The 3rd picture is of my most favorite dish yet here...it's tofu and egg mixed together and fried, then with peanut sauce on top, and OMG it is good!! It's called "Tahu telur." The 4th picture is of Me, Eri's cousins Eny and Erik, and then Eri on the side.....
That's it for now!
6 comments:
The birds are beautiful! I do have one question - why do you look so calm with that bird on your shoulder? Looks like you are having a great time even if you are loving tofu! yuckie. Jaja
I LOVE THE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess who???
Bird Bird Bird is the word!
Bird is not the word. Anonymous must be the word. Who are these people?
Word.
Carle,
I just thought I'd leave a non-anonymous message (but I cannot remember my password). Still lokks like you're having a great time. Your dad is keeping me updated of all the other stuff going on with you. The peanut sauce and tofu I think I can live without! Everything else, I'd love to see in person.
Have you heard about the bird? Well,everybody knows that BIRD is the word!
Post a Comment