28 September, 2008

I'm like a sponge.....soaking up everything around me :-)

Hey hey hey again from Indonesia!
I'm sitting here in the living room with Eri's Aunt and Grandma, and Eri is playing the Nintentdo DS. I'm just thinking that I should update everyone....especially since everyone is asking for pics from the Zoo. The Zoo pics are not going to be able to updated til I get back to Singapore or US or something....as the pic below took 10 minutes to update! Only that one pic! I am very forunate to have the internet here.....but I can't upload too many pics...I tell ya what......I will upload just one Zoo pic....my favorite one.....just so you can check it out.
So...what have I been up to? Well I can tell you about from when I left Singapore to now...how about that? It might be a long blog.......but hey, it gives you my experiences.
I was able to wake up the morning I left Singapore......and I exhausted.....after the Zoo I came back and fell asleep. I walked around soooo much there, gosh my feet were tired.....so I called Eri right when I walked in, and asked him to call me at 5:30 to make sure I woke up because I am going out with his friends again. So I got back from the Zoo at around 130pm, and slept slept slept and then Eri called me, I had slept that whole time! I really didn't feel like going out again because I was so exhausted, but I got up, showered and got ready. This time I meet up with 2 of his friends, Meiqin & Miao. We got together, said our hello's and were on our way. We caught the "Marta" of Singapore and went down to the city center, where the Merlion and beautiful city hall. Then we ate amazing food at a fancy seafod restuarant. Just walked around and talked and talked. I had a great time with them.
So I got back, packed up all our stuff to bring, then tried to get some sleep. I had to wake up at 3:45 the next morning to get ready to go to Indonesia! My taxi came at 4:30, then my plane left at 7:50...and I would arrive in Indonesia at 9:10am. The Singapore airport was quite nice....but very empty nothing really opened til about 7am or so.....
So I got to my gate, then boarded my plane. It was such a short flight....and I eventually got off! I had heard so many bad things about going through customs at the Indo airport.....I was a little scared...not knowing what to expect....but I made it! They didn't go through any of my stuff at all! So I walk out (Claude....it's just like coming out of El Salvador Airport.....all those people so crowded around, OMG!) and there are tons and tons and tons of people crammed around the door because they are waiting for their family to come home after Ramadan. So I was looking and then all of a sudden.....I see Eri's face! I started jumping up and down! I was sooooo freakin excited to see him! We then went to go eat at a Chinese place called Duck King. Good food! Then we just walked around the mall.....afterwards we picked up his cousin Eny from work, then headed to his house. It's not too bad here, it's hot, yes! Other than that, I'm just glad to be here with Eri.
For the past few days Eri and I just have been relaxing, I have been getting to know his family....meeting different memebers everyday. The food is delicious! I am slowly learning Bahasa Indonesia ( Indonesian ;-) ) Well, I think I am doing pretty good for day 4.... :-D
Here is my favorite pic from Singapore:




2 comments:

ceehce said...

lol... love the post
see El Salvador was building you up for this...
at least you knew that all the short little people were not going to attack you.... =)

I'm glad that you're glad that I'm glad that you're happy... lol

I got a shout out on this blog... yayer!

Bruce said...

oooooooooook,.. s street corner and a Starbucks - that's what I'm seein' here right? ;-) just wonderin'. Glad you're havin' a good trip babe - catch me online or call sometime. No hurries though - keep safe and I love you!

Dad