This is me & Mak - September 2008
The traditions for a Chinese Buddhist traditional funeral are unique, and I'm trying my ultimate best to fit in with the customs. I get the feeling to describe what went on today might seem quite weird to some of you guys back home, but I'm going to try my best.
Eri went over to the place this morning to be with the family that's arrived already. This place is like a visiting place, but it where Mak was embomed. A representative from each family basically washed down Mak and prepared her for burial. They applied nice clothes and make-up, she was stunning when she was laid into the casket. Later in the afternoon Eri came to pick me, around 1:30pm, and we had to wear white colored shirt. We got to the place, and there were all sorts of offerings. You do not say condolences to other family members for the reason that you are family. You give your condolences to people that you are not a family member of. But as got there, we saw various memembers of family, and Eri and I, and cousin D (shout out Darmadi!!!) hung around until the first day activities completed. Now, I'm not sure what the rest of the days bring, but I know there are more customs coming....
I think that's all the description I'm going to give right now, it's still too fresh. I will let everyone know about it after all the traditional stuff is done.
Love ya.
C & E
No comments:
Post a Comment